Favorite Quotes

"It is easier to build strong children than repair broken men." ~ Fredrick Douglas

"He who plants a graden, harvest healing."

Monday, August 31, 2009

Update!!!!!

For all of you people that think I have fallen off the face of the earth.... I haven't! I have just been busy with life... Here is an update! The chickens are growing fast and getting ready to start giving us eggs. The two older ones have already been giving us eggs and we LOVE them. They are so delicious and much better in taste than the store bought eggs. We have planted in our garden beans, black-eyed peas, loofa gords, lemon cucumbers, peppers, sweet potatos, potatos and lots of herbs. Most of these I planted from seeds. I did plant Popcorn and amaranth but the heat, birds and ants finished these off for me. So I am working on a better system so I can replant them.

The sweet potato was about 8 inches long and about 3 inches around. We had it with ham! It was great to eat something we grew!

This is Colton's first day of school! He is doing really great this year and he loves his teacher. This is the same teacher he had in 1st grade...


Ready for the Big Day!
We have been having lots of fun with our little "ranchito". I am also sceduled to take the RN license exam of September 11, 2009 so if you can all say a litlle prayer for me that would be great. We are very excited about the new possibilities this accomplishment will give to Colton and I.... Thanks for all your love and support.




1 comments:

Ammie said...

Hey Celeste! It's your neighbor Ammie! You've done such an amazing job with the house. We love having you as a neighbor! I'm amazed at all the work you've done. I love the garden!