Favorite Quotes

"It is easier to build strong children than repair broken men." ~ Fredrick Douglas

"He who plants a graden, harvest healing."

Monday, October 6, 2008

The German Festival

When I heard that the German Festival was coming to Tempe I was so excited. I was anticipating German Culture, Dance, Food and FUN! I was sadly disappointed!!! Colton and I was there for only a couple of hours before we decided this was not a German Festival! They were more interested in selling Beer and having seedy woman dressing up as very bad bar maids telling ronchy jokes...... with bad polka music playing in the background. This was a very big disappointment this past weekend!

So I decided I had to come home and find some of my own German Photos to put on my blog. The photo of the Castle I belive is Neuschwanstein... but since I was born in Germany and just a baby, I don't remember. I am not promising that the Castle photo is Neuschwanstein. The Photo would have been taken around 1975-1977. The Photo below is of Marian, my older sister and I with our dirndls. This must have been some time in 1977... I would say in the spring time because of all the flowers.... I am not sure though... So enjoy the "real" German Photos because there was nothing real about the German Festival that we can share!

I went to a Kaplan class to help me pass my State Board test. It was two days of intense review and I still have two more days to go next weekend! I recieved my new calling in the Olive ward as Sunday School Teacher for the 16 and 17 year olds..... I guess they seem to think I have a knack with the young people. I am looking forward to relaxing a bit and not having such a demamding calling. Well this is my post for the week . Make it a great day and week for that matter!






2 comments:

Marian said...

hey Celeste,

What a blast from the past. We were cute kids, weren't we ? Good luck with all your nursing stuff. We are all rooting for you. lol, Marian

br_oden said...

your killing me sis. Yes it is Neuschwanstein castle. And yeah Ocktoberfest for the most part in the states is just a reasonto drink beer and down bratwurst. What a really bummer when you wre hoping for more of a cultural thing. But thanks for the photos from the past!.