Favorite Quotes

"It is easier to build strong children than repair broken men." ~ Fredrick Douglas

"He who plants a graden, harvest healing."

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Hispanic Featival

Last night Colton, his friend Laura and I went to the Hispanic Festival. They had food, music, dance and arts representing 20 different Hispanic Communities. Since Colton is half Hispanic (Argentina) I try to help Colton learn and develop a love for his own cultures. They had a Pinata making craft. Colton made a Darth Vader Pinata! As Colton says, "I am Star Wars number one fan!" My Dance teacher, Liliana also performed her Flamenco dance with her group, Flor Y Piedra, which is translated into Flower and Rock. Her Husband is Peter (Which means the Rock) and her name Lilliana (Which is a flower). They are great people. Colton and I love to watch them dance! It is spectacular and captivating. This is Peter with the Guitar and Lilliana dancing.

Today I was released as the Young Women's President of the Liahona 3rd Ward. I have mixed emotions... on one hand I am sad to leave my girls and to not have them to think about and worry over on a weekly if not daily basis, but on the other hand we have been so short of good leaders for so long it has became a difficult burden of caring for these beautiful girls and knowing that there is more that needs to be done that I just could not do. I hope that I will have been an influence for good to them in their lives. Colton and I have had our records moved over to the Olive (English) ward. We are looking forward to an exciting new start there.

Well I guess this catches everyone up on our lives. I hope you have enjoyed your little peek into our lives. Feel free to leave comments, email, and or call anytime.

1 comments:

Marian said...

sounds like you had alot at the festival. I hope everything is going good love ya marian