Favorite Quotes

"It is easier to build strong children than repair broken men." ~ Fredrick Douglas

"He who plants a graden, harvest healing."

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

San Diego, California









San Diego, California February 16, 2209 - February 20, 2009

What a great time we had on Vacation!!! What great memories and moments!!! I think that it is these small moments in life that help us to see the big picture of what is really important... family. Colton and I had so much fun. Our favorite part of the week was collecting shells on the beach. Colton and I got so excited and we found great shells, multiple star fish, crabs, a car key, small batman toy and a pair of reading glasses! Colton and I were having so much fun seeing what treasure the other person found. The weather was great. We had rain the first day and on Tuesday morning but other than that the sun shined.







We did go out on the Ocean, about 15 miles, to see if we could see any whales or dolphins. The boat was called the "HornBlower". According to the Captian, "This boat is the best ocean worthy little boat and it has never let me down." We did see some whales and dolphins but this experience was not as wonderful as we had all expected. Because of the storms the ocean was a bit choppy... to say the least. We all got sea sick! Hooray for Barf Bags!!!!! Boy did we use them. Dad 3 times, Marian once, Colton once and yours truly once. We diffenatly felt green around the gills. And to think we actually paid for the experience!







The other great activity was visiting SeaWorld for two days. Colton and I feed the Seal Lions. We bought the frozen dead fish and placed them in the sea lions mouths. The little white birds were so aggressive. I had a fish in my hands and before I could give it to the Sea Lions a bird swooped down and took it right out of my hand. It completly took me by suprise! Later, Dad had a bird swoop down and take his breadstick from his lunch tray!


SeaWorld was a fun experience. We had been two years ago for the first time so it was nice to go again and know what to expect and to remember the fun stuff. It was so much fun going with my Dad and my Sister, Marian. It was nice to do a vacation outside of Utah and Arizona. Hope you enjoyed this little travel log.




Celeste and Colton

I am certainly looking forward to next year when we are all going to Jackson Hole, Wy for Dad's big 60!!!! What fun.

2 comments:

Marian said...

hey, great update ! I need to get that johnny biscuit video. ANyway, I had a fabulous time last week and after this week I wish I was back there. love ya !

Trishelle said...

San Diego! How awesome is this?! You guys are such a beautiful family!