Favorite Quotes

"It is easier to build strong children than repair broken men." ~ Fredrick Douglas

"He who plants a graden, harvest healing."

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Letter to Family and Friends


Dear Family and Friends,
I decided to post our Holiday letter on my blog and just sent out postcards with the blog address. Hopefully if you are reading this you were able to get to my blog. I thought I would save on postage and paper. Not only good for my pocketbook but also for the environment.
What a wonderful year it has been for Colton and I. I finally graduated from both Mesa Community College with my Associates in General Studies and from Excelsior College in Science of Nursing! I thought graduation day would never come. But with some determination and lots of prayer, we did it. I still have to take my state boards before I can work as a RN. I am studying and looking to take them the first part of next year.
While I have been busy studying and working Colton has been on two different vacations this year…. One with my Mom to Pinetop, AZ and the other was to Utah to visit my Dad and sister, Marian. He flew in the plane by himself! This was not his first time flying but it was his first time flying alone. I think I was more nervous than he was. Needless to say I did not get a vacation this year and I am ready to have some fun in this coming year.
I had been serving in the Liahona 3rd ward (Spanish Speaking) for the past four years as the Young Women President. In October the Liahona ward was re-organized and the Primary and Youth Programs where combined with another English ward in our Stake, I decided to have our records transferred to the English ward which we live in. I loved the opportunity to serve in the Liahona ward and I am so grateful that I was able to learn another language through my service to the Lord. I am hoping to keep up on my Spanish. I have a friend at work that speaks Spanish and we always talk in Spanish, plus when I start working in the Hospital I am SURE I will be utilizing my Spanish on a daily basis because of the area we live in.
Colton is attending New Horizon School for the Performing Arts. He loves learning the dances, songs and after school sports program they offer. Reading had been difficult BUT I discovered Star Wars beginning reader books and since then reading has been easier and more enjoyable to him. The other night I caught him with the light on reading after bedtime. Part of me is upset with him because he needs his sleep but the other part of me wanted to jump for joy because reading has been so difficult for him. He loves Star Wars and will often put “Anakin” on his school papers. He has asked me to call him “Anakin” but I refuse!!! He will always be my Colton Jordan, mi Corazon!
Currently I am working at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine. I love my job. It is a college for Naturopathic Doctors. The environment at work is so peaceful and holistic. I am learning a lot of great stuff and the people here are great. After working as a RN for a while I would love to come back and become a student here.
Well I think that this letter covers the high points of our past year. I hope that all of you will take time to “Count your Blessings” and realize the hand of our Heavenly Father in your lives. Colton and I have been so thankful for all the friends and family that has been there for us over the years. We truly have been and are blessed!
With much love,
Celeste and Colton

0 comments: